When it comes to superior leak detection, Los Angeles and Orange County locals can count on, there is no better company for the job than Jack Stephan. For almost 70 years, our Los Angeles leak detection specialists have been providing unparalleled service to both residential and commercial properties throughout LA and Orange County.
By utilizing the most up-to-date technology, our team can both locate and inspect leaks through special cameras. This allows us to determine the exact source of the problem through less invasive means, cutting down on both cost and mess.
So, if you think you might have a leak and are in need of expert leak detection, Los Angeles and surrounding area residents can rely on us. Symptoms of water leaks might include:
- The continuous sound of running water
- Fluctuations on your water meter when no water is in use
- Escalations in your monthly water bill
- Wet, spongy, moist or discolored areas on your floors or walls (without any known spills)
- Foul odors coming from floors or walls near drains or sewers
- Building foundation cracks, uneven vegetation growth, or earth shifts for no apparent reason
- Warm spots on the floor (particularly concrete slab)
Signs of a gas leak might involve:
- A “rotten egg” type odor
- Discolored or dead vegetation over or near the pipeline.
- A hissing, whistling or roaring sound near a gas appliance or pipeline.
While our team is skilled in both, water and gas leak detection, Los Angeles and all other residents need to be aware that gas leaks can be extremely dangerous. Therefore, it is important to follow the proper steps and precautions if you think you might have a natural gas leak. Steps to follow include:
- Vacating the premises immediately, opening doors and extinguishing any open flames, if possible.
- Not unplugging or plugging in any electrical appliances, or turning off or on any light switches.
- Calling So Cal Gas Company (Emergency number: 1-800-427-2200) or 9-1-1 from a neighbor’s phone. Do not operate a telephone in the area you suspect the leak.
- Not smoking, lighting matches, candles, stoves or any other appliances that can cause a spark.
- Not re-entering the home or business until a gas company official has inspected the premises, made any necessary repairs, and deemed it safe.
To schedule an appointment for Orange County or Los Angeles leak detection, please contact us at 1 (800) 464-7586.